From The Japan Daily Press, we welcome you to 2013! It may not be the new year just yet where everyone is, but we would like to wish all of our readers a happy holiday and best wishes for 2013.
We’re taking the day off to celebrate with family, friends, and plenty of delicious Japanese food, but we’ll be back on Wednesday, January 2nd bringing you all of Japan’s latest news and information. While the JDP‘s official first anniversary isn’t until April 1st, the year 2012 has been very good to us with a successful launch. As this holiday is often known as a time to look back just before looking forward, I thought I’d share some of our most popular news posts, based both on the number of readers as well as the amount of comments and feedback received.
- Japan’s Olympic soccer loss brings out the Twitter racism
- 20 year old Japanese university student raped, killed in Romania
- ‘Anonymous’ picks up litter in Tokyo to protest Japanese law
- Police arrest 73 year old prostitute working the Yokohama streets
- Japanese man cooks and serves his own genitals
- Japanese government officials to discuss building a real, working Gundam
- Paralympic sprinter Maya Nakanishi poses nude to raise funds for London Games
- Mother turns sleeping baby into a work of art, starts a Nezo Art craze
- The view of tattoos in Japanese society
- Japan’s Forgotten Children
- U.S. sailor dies after drunkenly climbing on top of train, electrocuting self
- Japan’s love affair with pornography killing “real sex” drive
- 13 year old bullied into practicing his own suicide before killing self
We would like to extend a big thank you to all of our readers. Know that we are always open to your feedback, good or bad, in the comments, as well as on our Facebook and Twitter accounts… and coming soon in 2013, our very own forums! We hope you will continue to join us in the new year, whether as simply a reader or to join in the discussion. And once again, thank you!